Todd R. Bartos, Esq.
Starting his career at Stark & Stark, P.C., one of New Jersey’s largest law ﬁrms, Mr. Bartos represented construction companies, broker-dealers, small and family businesses and individuals in a wide variety of litigation matters. In 2001, he moved to Central Pennsylvania and worked for nearly 13 years with Stevens & Lee, P.C., one of America’s 200 largest law ﬁrms. As a Shareholder in the Litigation and Healthcare Litigation and Risk Mitigation groups, he has litigated a number of jury trials, appellate arguments, mediations and arbitrations in signiﬁcant claims around the country, and has been retained by individuals to oversee retained insurance defense counsel in potential super-loss cases. He also represents licensed professionals in disciplinary matters before state licensure boards. He has developed and implemented eDiscovery programs and managed complex technology issues within litigation proceedings. He is often asked to consult regarding new technological issues and risks for clients in a variety of business settings.
Mr. Bartos has also been engaged to manage corporate crisis situations and craft crisis communication strategies. He is also a nationally recognized speaker on a variety of topical business issues and has taught thousands of professionals and entities pragmatic strategies to enhance business while reducing legal risk. His advice has made a true difference in proﬁtability and customer loyalty. His work in the healthcare ﬁeld in particular has helped to make patient care safer, has enhanced employee satisfaction, improved core economics, and increased market share. Mr. Bartos makes sure that any legal expenditure serves a business interest and, whenever possible, drives bottom-line revenue.
- Business Law & Litigation
- Professional Licensure Litigation
- Healthcare Law & Litigation
- Employment Law & Litigation
- Outside General Counsel
- Stevens & Lee, P.C., Shareholder – Lancaster, PA
- Stark & Stark, P.C., Associate – Princeton, NJ
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Lancaster Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Vice-President, Executive Committee, Lancaster Country Day School
- Past-President, Jewish Community Alliance of Lancaster
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, recipient of Murray S. Love Award, 1st Place Advocate Wallace S. Gourley Trial Moot Court
- B.A., Franklin & Marshall College, John Marshall Scholar, Hackman Research Fellow
Representative Cases & Speaking Engagements
- Successfully obtained an injunction preventing software company from shutting down large Blue Sky compliance clearinghouse.
- Defended national bank against claims of breach of ERISA duties when acting as corporate fiduciary
- Defended hospital systems against claims of corporate negligence.
- Represented large national bank in claims related to construction loan claims.
- Represented large residential home builder in various actions
- Represented large New Jersey condominium association in EIFS construction defect claims.
- Defended commercial construction company against Miller Act claims and breach of contract claims
- Defended professional licensure actions against several licensed professionals.
- Defended physicians and other licensed professionals against claims for professional negligence.
- Prosecuted numerous trade secret and “client poaching” cases across a multitude of industries.
- Creating a Five Star Practice – Part II: Event Management. Pennsylvania Assn. of Health Care Office Management Chapter Winter Retreat, Macungie, PA. December 6, 2013
- Provider Liability in the Health Care Setting – The Basics and Beyond, AHLA Fundamentals of Health Law, Chicago, IL. November 5, 2013
- Danger in the Workplace. DuBois Regional Medical Center, DuBois, PA. October 10, 2013.