Matthew T. Kelly, Esq.
Mr. Kelly is well versed in the various issues and challenges that companies of all sizes and industries face in the business life cycle including start-up, maturation and end stage considerations. Furthermore, Mr. Kelly works closely with business owners and regularly counsels such owners on succession planning; that is helping business owners prepare and optimally transition their business to third parties, management or family.
Mr. Kelly brings dynamic and thoughtful problem solving to every client issue and treats each and every client with white glove personal service. Mr. Kelly designed, negotiated and documented numerous corporate transactions and business combinations involving multi-million dollars of value for the acquisition of (and at other times disposition of) asset classes of all types as well as equity interests. A representative sampling of some of the industries.
Mr. Kelly serves as “of counsel” at Spruce Law and also maintains an independent private practice based in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
- Real Estate Finance
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Acquisitions & Dispositions
- Condominium and Planned Community Projects
- Corporate Real Estate
- Real Estate Joint Ventures
- Commercial Lending
- Corporate Formation and Governance
- Commercial Transactions
- Government Guaranteed Lending
- Transactional Tax Practice
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Tax Court
- Faculty, Lancaster County Day School
- Board of Directors, Friends of Lancaster Public Library
- LL.M Taxation, Villanova University School of Law, 2007
- J.D., Widener University School of Law, 2003
- B.S., Albright College, 1982
- Represented land developer with the acquisition, disposition, and development and syndicated equity financing of a 463 unit residential project.
- Provided planning advice on realty transfer tax, enabling a developer client to take advantage of the “turn-key” exception to Pennsylvania Realty Transfer Tax.
- Provided planning advice on a $10,000,000 refinance transaction avoiding over $200,000 in realty transfer tax in New Jersey.
- Represented numerous borrowers in multi-million dollar capital market loans.
- Represented public utility company in the acquisition of community Water Company.
- Represented a construction lender in the financing of construction of luxury townhomes at New Jersey Shore locations.
- Represented multiple borrowers in construction to permanent financing transactions of Temple University student
- Represented developer in equity financing of townhome project.
- Represented lender in financing of numerous multi-family projects in the greater Philadelphia area.
- Represented venture capital clients in advisory service agreement with international technology company.
- Represented seller in the sale of major shopping mall in Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Represented heath care real estate developer in joint venture ASC in Central Pennsylvania.