Jeffrey J. Pustizzi, Esq.
Jeffrey J. Pustizzi is an accomplished attorney with a strong background in commercial real estate, real estate finance, and land use; including commercial leasing, acquisitions, sales, development and the representation of lenders, borrowers, landlords and commercial and office tenants. He has substantial experience structuring limited partnerships, LLCs and historic tax credit transactions, along with numerous other corporate transactions. Mr. Pustizzi possesses a thorough understanding of the business fundamentals necessary to negotiate and manage complex transactions. He has handled in excess of $500 million dollars of commercial loan and real estate transactions during his professional career.
In addition to private practice with Spruce Law, Mr. Pustizzi is a co-founder, General Counsel and Partner of Alterra Property Group, an active real estate investment and development company. Alterra has invested in and developed numerous noteworthy properties in and around the Philadelphia area, including the Icon, the Arch, Avenir, Shirt Corner Lofts, Wharton Street Lofts and the Manayunk Watermill.
During Mr. Pustizzi career in real estate and finance he has gained a wealth of experience from both the legal and the business sides of the industry. Mr. Pustizzi began his career as an attorney at the Philadelphia law firm of Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young, where he honed his skills in the areas of commercial real estate, finance, land use and corporate transactions, including development, leasing, acquisitions, sales, historic tax credit transactions and the representation of lenders and borrowers. Both as a developer/investor and an attorney, Jeff has been involved in hundreds of millions of dollars of real estate and financing transactions across a wide range of asset classes, including multi-family, condominium, office, industrial and student housing. Mr. Pustizzi received an M.B.A. and a B.A. in Finance from Villanova University, and a law degree from the Villanova School of Law.
- Real Estate Development
- Land Use and Zoning
- Construction Law
- General Corporate Transactions
- Alterra Property Group, LLC, Co-Founder, General Counsel and Partner- Philadelphia, PA
- 806 Capital, LLC, General Counsel- Philadelphia, PA
- Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young, Associate- Philadelphia, PA
- New Jersey
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- J.D., Villanova School of Law, magna cum laude
- M.B.A., Villanova University
- B.A., Finance, Villanova University
- Represented developer in complex exchange of properties resulting in client owning a historic, 108 unit apartment building and undertaking $60MM of debt financed renovations.
- Represented developers in $90MM (206 units) and $60MM (111 units) redevelopment, financing and historic tax credit transactions both involving center city office building to multifamily/mixed use conversions.
- Represented developer in $15MM conversion of former school to mixed use property, involving zoning variances, historic tax credits and debt financing.
- Represented developer on $25MM townhome development involving financing, zoning variances, and historic commission approvals.
- Represented parish church in subdivision and sale of former convent building.
- Represented landlords on retail leases with high-quality, national tenants, such as Wendys, CVS, Wells Fargo, Dunkin Donuts and Calypso St. Barth’s.
- Represented client in purchase, leaseback and construction of an addition to a single-tenant suburban office building.
- Represent lenders and borrowers in origination and restructuring of commercial real estate loans, subordinated debt, loan participations, syndication and tax-exempt bond financings.
- Represent both buyers and sellers of commercial real estate, including office, retail and industrial properties.
- Represent landlords and tenants in commercial lease transactions, with broad-based experience in all asset classes.