Andrew N. Howe, Esq
Mr. Howe counsels a diverse corporate client base ranging from 20 to over 8,000 employees, both in union and non-union settings on a local, national, and international level. Given his background and experience, Mr. Howe’s clients leverage his expertise on all labor and employment issues, ranging from discrimination in the workplace to addressing issues arising under the National Labor Relations Act. Also, Mr. Howe regularly provides on-site training to his clients on a wide variety of issues, such as discrimination in the workplace, avoidance of labor disputes and liability, among other topics relevant to his clients’ businesses.
In his practice, Mr. Howe regularly appears in Federal and State Court on a wide variety of commercial and employment cases, predominantly in the U.S. Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Labor Law (Management)
- Employment Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Employer Counseling and Training
- Duane Morris, Associate – Philadelphia, PA
- Hartman, Howe, Allerton & Shurr, Shareholder – Wyomissing, PA
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the ThirdCircuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Chair, Employment Law Section, Berks County Bar Association
- Past President, Society for Human Resource Management Chapter 179
- National Member, Society for Human Resource Management Association
- Member, Chapter 179 of the Society for Human Resource Management
- J.D., Dickinson School of Law
- B.A., University of Richmond, Aereopagus English Honor Society and Member of Academic Debate Team
- Episcopal Academy
- Successfully represented several clients defending class actions brought by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Won a reversal of a summary judgment and entry of judgment in favor of an employer client in a Multiemployer Pension Plan Amendments Act matter involving a large central Pennsylvania multiemployer pension plan before the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- Successfully defended multiple clients in federal court jury trials involving discrimination claims.
- Obtained or defeated injunctions in non-competition cases involving claims of violations of employee non-competition agreements as well as asserted companion common law non-competition claims.
- Obtained injunctive relief and provided ongoing counsel for a large services industry client involving a strike arising out of a labor dispute.
- Successfully won a Federal Court jury verdict in a significant breach of contract matter.
- Represents many clients in labor arbitration matters involving discipline and discharge as well as contract interpretation disputes.
Representative Client Industries
- International manufacturers, both union and non-union of many types of products
- Private Aviation Company providing managed aircraft, charter and certified repair station services for mid-size to heavy jets
- International logistics
- Large medical practices
- Professional Services (including engineering, accounting, and staffing firms)