Labor And Employment: Our Value Proposition
Legal Services Optimized. Spruce Law provides “big-firm” quality, highly-responsive representation, delivered with individualized service and unmatched value. Our attorneys have practiced in some of the largest and most respected global firms, corporate legal departments, and boutique law firms. We are a team of seasoned legal professionals and industry experts, with pedigrees equal to those found at traditional large firms, but our highly innovative law firm structure enables us to serve your needs with maximum efficiency. We are committed to delivering top-quality legal service with predictable, value-driven billing arrangements.
Simply put …we get it!
Today’s Reality. In this “new economy,” human resource departments as well as company leadership are under constant pressure to deliver more with less in record time. Spruce Law’s value proposition is uniquely set up to help. At Spruce Law, we have tailored our labor and employment services to be the “inside counsel” who can be always be counted on to assist human resources and organizational leadership when the unexpected or unforeseen labor or employment issue hits in a timely and responsive manner Spruce Law clients have come to depend on in their HR “time of need.” We are not just attorneys; we are human resource attorneys who know the pressures
unique to the human resource profession.
Common Sense, Results-Driven Approach. Your primary business goals and objectives are always the most important aspects of any significant human resource decision or action. Somehow the legal profession has lost track of this simple fact. We have not! We listen before we speak. We take the time to learn what is most important to you, so that each response to each situation is tailored to your precise business needs and goals.
Always Seeking Efficiency. We take great pride in working with our clients to drive efficiency into our continuing representation of labor and employment clients. Unanticipated human resource issues such as employment discrimination, workplace violence or union picketing do
not wait until the attorney has “time to talk”. At Spruce Law, we pledge our undivided attention and availability to meet your needs so you never need to look elsewhere. Utilizing our significant past experience we apply practical and whenever possible repeatable solutions to your day to day human resource needs. Spruce Law also provides a practical, cost driven approach to more significant matters that are longer term in nature.
Cross-Disciplinary Skills and Experience. Spruce Law’s veteran labor and employment attorneys regularly successfully handle complex and wide ranging labor and employment matters on a regular basis for a very diverse corporate client base. In the employment law arena, whether the issue involves employment issues such as policy compliance, discrimination, wage and hour, employee benefits, non-competition, administrative charges or defending lawsuits, your Spruce Law team is ready and capable to handle the matter effectively, efficiently and with finality. In the labor law arena, your Spruce Law labor team can handle traditional labor matters such as union
organization, negotiations, grievances and arbitrations, strikes and lockouts or NLRB charges on a moments notice.
Representative Labor and Employment Matters
- Successfully represented several clients defending class actions brought by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Successfully represented a manufacturing client in a Multiemployer Pension Plan Amendments Act matter involving a large union central Pennsylvania multiemployer pension plan before the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- Represented an industrial construction contractor to defeat a union organization attempt of rallying workers under the new NLRB “quickie election” rules. In one of the first elections in this region under these new rules, Spruce Law successfully achieved a NO vote in favor of its client without any unfair labor practice charge or post-election objection.
- Successfully defended multiple clients in federal court jury trials involving discrimination claims.
- Obtained or defeated injunctions in non-competition cases involving claims of violations of employee non-competition agreements as well as asserted companion common law non-competition claims.
- Successfully counseled and assisted a regional construction industry client in locking out a union workforce resulting from collective bargaining impasse.
- Assisted multiple clients in various industries with audits conducted by the United States Department of Labor, Wage and Hour division.