Spruce Law’s Corporate and Business Law Practice:
Our Value Proposition
Legal Services Optimized. Spruce Law provides “big-firm” quality, highly-responsive representation, delivered with individualized service and unmatched value. Our attorneys have practiced in some of the largest and most respected global firms, corporate legal departments, and boutique litigation firms. We are a team of seasoned legal professionals and industry experts, with pedigrees equal to those found at traditional large firms, but our highly innovative law firm structure enables us to serve your needs with maximum efficiency. We are committed to delivering top-quality legal service with predictable, value-driven billing arrangements.
Simply put …we get it!
Our Corporate Clients. Spruce Law’s experienced business attorneys provide expert advice and efficient representation to corporate clients of various sizes, including: start-ups, mid-caps, large institutional players and fortune 500 companies. Whether structuring a complex merger, acquisition, or finance transaction, acquiring or retaining key talent, or simply documenting a routine business arrangement, we take great pride in providing precise, tactical, and responsive legal representation for every deal.
Cross-Disciplinary Skills and Experience. Unlike traditional boutique law firms that focus on a single practice area (e.g., intellectual property or labor & employment law), Spruce Law maintains a roster of legal veterans and industry experts across all of the essential business law practice areas. We provide the cross-disciplinary knowledge and experience required to handle large corporate and finance transactions. We routinely form transaction teams bringing tax, general corporate, real estate, labor & employment and intellectual property law advice to the table to efficiently structure and close complex corporate deals for our clients. Traditionally, legal consumers were forced to use large expensive law firms for their one-stop shopping for multi-faceted business transactions. Spruce Law provides a better, more efficient alternative for savvy legal services consumers who require experience and value to negotiate and document their business transactions.
Common Sense, Results-Driven Approach. Your primary business goals and objectives are always the most important aspects of the deal. Somehow the legal profession has lost track of this simple idea. We have not! We listen before we speak. We take the time to learn what is most important to you, so that each representation and each document is tailored to your precise business needs and goals.
Representative Corporate and Business Law Engagements
The following are examples of transactions and representations handled by our experienced corporate lawyers and attorney teams:
- Represented global CRO in $10.9 million acquisition of Phase I clinical trial management services company.
- Represented a regional snack food manufacturer with the sale of significant assets to a top national food and snack manufacturer with four union bargaining units.
- Handled all of the labor and employment related issues including addressing the multi-employer pension plan and reduction in force issues.
- Represented major pharmaceutical company in $2.2 billion acquisition of health care division from global company and related $1 billion spin-off of North American part of the business to a major competitor.
- Represented venture capital client in advisory service agreement with international technology company.
- Represented “incubator” software development company in negotiating complex royalty agreement with a large teaching hospital sponsor.
- Represented hedge fund sponsor in $200,000,000 fund formation.
- Drafted and negotiated a joint venture between major health care company and key division of global pharmaceutical company for the creation of a new company to dispense prescription pharmaceuticals by mail.
- Represented seller in sale of internet service business.
- Represented issuer in common stock offerings to international investors.
- Represented venture capital fund in acquisition of interest in emerging technology company.
- Represented an entity with the acquisition of over fifty (50) health care facilities through a syndicated investment structure.
- Represented regional audiology practice with sale of its business in joint venture structure to international audiology company and subsequent acquisition of competing business by the joint venture.
- Serve as general counsel for a Philadelphia based government contractor handling all of the company’s legal matters such as real estate, finance, labor & employment and litigation
- Advised client on $12,000,000 purchase of Gulfstream V aircraft.
- Represented client on $60,000,000 fixed-term secured loan with leading venture debt lender.
- Advised client on $35,000,000 private placement of stock and warrants to overseas investors.
- Represented client on $18,000,000 in U.S. government-guaranteed financing for the construction of a new manufacturing facility.
- Advised client on sale of company’s operating businesses for $485,000,000 to two private equity firms.
- Advised client on negotiation and documentation of global $250,000,000 multi-currency, asset-backed revolving credit facility.
- Advised client on the sale of $15,000,000 of distressed franchise loans.
- Advised client on corporate restructuring, which enabled client to raise $35,000,000 in seed capital through private placement of convertible notes and warrants.
- Represented client in sale of specialty cruise line for $55,000,000 to publicly traded travel company.